Ahmedabad blends harmoniously an ancient heritage with a vibrant present. The city’s prosperous and eventful past and present is embodied in its rich kaleidoscope of history, art and culture, rich architecture and imposing monuments. Tourists can visit Ahmedabad throughout the year.
Palces of Interest in Ahmedabad
Ahmed Shah’s Mosque, Balvatika, Teen Darwaza and Bhadra Fort, Daria Khan’s Ghummat, Siddi Sayyad’s Mosque, Gita Mandir, Swami Narayan Temple, Hathisinh Mandir, Jhulta Minar, Jumma Masjid, Kankaria Lake, Rani Sipri’s Mosque and Tomb, Rani Roopmati Mosque, Rauza of Shah Alam, Sabarmati Ashram, Siddhi Sayyad Mosque, Dada Hari Vav.
Museums & Art Gallerys in Ahmedabad
- Calico Museum of Textiles, Calico Mills,
- Shreyas Folk Art Museum.
- Gandhi Smarak Sanghrahalaya, Gandhi Ashram Sabarmati.
- L.D. Institute of Indology, Navarangpura.
- National Institution of Design.
- Tribal Research & trg. Museum, Ashram Rd.
- N.C. Mehta Art Gallery, Sanskar Kendra, Paldi.
- Kite Museum, Sanskar Kendra.
- Veechar Utensil Museum, Vasna Tolnaka.
- Natural History Museum, Kankaria
Excursions in Ahmedabad
Adalaj Vav 19 km, Lothal 80 km, Patan 113 km, Nal Sarovar 71 km, Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram 6 km, Gandhi Nagar 25 km, Modhera (Sun Temple) 106 km.
How to Reach Ahmedabad
By Air: Indian Airlines connect Ahmedabad with Bombay, Delhi, Bangalore, Madras, Jaipur, Indore and Calcutta. East West Airlines also connects Ahmedabad with Bombay.
By Rail: Ahmedabad is directly connected to Bombay, Delhi, Calcutta, Madras, Trivandrum, Varanasi etc.
By Road : Ahmedabad to : Baroda (Vadodara) 113 km, Mt. Abu 228 km, Udaipur 252 km, Jaipur 657 km, Bombay 545 km, Delhi 1076 km, Gandhinagar 25 km, Modhera 110 km, Nal Sarovar 71 km and Lothal 80 km.
By Local Transport: Taxis, Auto rickshaws, City buses available .